A PIECE OF HISTORY
Made by the Pedlar Metal Co., these interlocking pressed tin panels covered the outside of the Caledon East Orange Lodge, which was built in the mid-1850s and used as a meeting house until 1977. Until it was dismantled in the spring of 2013, this historic timber frame building was believed to be the oldest structure in Caledon East. Threatened with demolition, it was taken down and stored by the Town of Caledon with the hope that it could be relocated and re-purposed.
The tin panels, patterned and coloured to look like brickwork, were installed in 1895 as an upgrade to the hall’s original painted board and batten siding. At the same time, tin roof panels in a scalloped shingle pattern were applied over the original cedar roof shingles. The rough side of the panel was exposed to the elements for over 100 years.
This project was supported by Caledon Heritage Foundation.
THE GRAFFITI WALL
The Graffitti Wall is made up of a number of tin panels that are "A Piece of History": tin panels from the mid-1850's Lodge. Street Artist, Ean Kools, and his artist colleague will be the key artists at the Graffiti Wall at BizBaz at Osprey Valley Resort, Caledon during PanAm2015 on July 25-26, 10am-6pm. The artists will incorporate local heritage, DAREarts, equestrian, Pan Am and BizBaz themes in the design and guests may bid on specific panels. There is lots to see, do and appreciate - drive to Osprey Valley Resort and enjoy.
A project of BizBaz and Ean Kools and CHF.